CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Grocery Shopping Plan

Ok, so I am on a new kick, and that is getting my grocery shopping down to only one big shopping trip a month.  My husband and I did it together this month and it went pretty well.  I have been menu planning for each week for over a year now and it goes very well.  When I was getting ready to have our son, I started stocking up and planning out at least 3 weeks.  Now, to save money and time I want to shop only once a month for everything but milk, and a few fruits and veggies.  Once I am able to have a big freezer, maybe I can get it down to just once a month.  We will see.

Anyways, I am going to start posting how we do each month, and if we are saving money doing it this way.  I have a budget of $300 a month, and that includes paper products, toiletries, cleaning products, beer, and food.  However, starting next month I am taking out the beer and moving my budget to $260 a month.  My husband will get this $40 in cash to spend it on his beer as he pleases.  I think that will keep my grocery bill from increasing when he sees a beer he wants and me from getting frustrated.  Since I don't drink it, I hate that I can't spend more on something else that I do want to eat. 

Since we are two weeks into this month I have spent just over $265.  So that leaves me with about $35 for the rest of the month.  We will need milk twice and a few veggies that I have planned into meals.  So I think we should be good to go this month.  I will update again soon and then again at the end of the month on how we did.   

No comments:

Post a Comment