CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Babies And The Way They Grow

So it's funny to compare different babies and how much they weighed and what their height was at the same age as your child.  I am amazed once again with my son and how big he is.  My husband and I are what I would call average height and weight.  However, my son is now 4 months old and 19 pounds.  He doesn't seem that big to me, but I guess it's because he really doesn't have that many rolls.  I have been asking friends about the size of their children at 4 months and he is bigger than all of them.  He is even bigger than some of my friends kids who are over a year older than them.  This scares me a little.  Not because I think he is going to be fat or anything, but that if he is this big now, how big is he going to get?

He has grown out of almost all the clothes we were given, which means I have to go buy clothes for this winter.  We only have 3 pounds to go and it will be time for a new car seat.  I'm afraid to even think about how much food he is eventually going to start eating. 

So again I sit and think about how different each child is.  My sister has two kids and they are both in the correct size clothing for their age.  And then there is my son, who is 4 months old and wearing some 9 month sizes and mostly 12 to 18 month sizes.  If he doesn't slow down, this is going to make it very difficult to cloth the little guy. 

Anyways, I am just finding it amazing now that I am a mom to look at the different ways each child grows.  Looking back just a few months ago, I would have never guessed that my son would have gotten so big so fast.  You really do have to cherish the time you have with them, as they grow up so quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment