CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 15, 2011

Week #15 - We Are Moving

So if you have been holding out on why we are having a big yard sale, we are MOVING.  Yes, moving from our house, from our little town in North Carolina, and all the way across the country to Alaska.  That is where I grew up and spent 18 years.  My husband and I are ready for a change and now seems to be the perfect timing.  Jack is young which will make this move very easy.  We will be moving to and away from family.  My family is in Alaska and my husbands is here in North Carolina.  But we have these amazing things called airplanes now a days which will make it easy to come visit.

Life in Alaska will be less stressful, full of family time, and part-time work for both my husband and I.  Having a baby has changed our family and we are realizing what is important.  It is important for us to be able to spend as much time together now when Jack is young because kids grow up so fast.  Before you know it, they are off with their own friends living their own life.  Life is too short to say I'll find time later.  There may not be a later if you wait to long. 

I've done a little more work on the yard sale items, but most of all I have been selling some big items on Craigslist.com.  I have a goal of selling enough stuff to fund at least half of our move up to Alaska.  Can I just tell you how crazy it was to even find a moving company that would move our small amount of stuff that we want to take with us to Alaska.  In the end we are only shipping it to Seattle, WA and then we will either barge or fly it the rest of the way.  The shipping costs from NC to AK were outrageous.  And that is with us selling about 75% of our stuff.  We are only taking what we need because we will be moving into a fully furnished house.

So this weekend I will be tackling the closet and trying to price out everything in there.  We have 2 other families that will be doing the yard sale with us.  So I have to get the advertising ready for the newspaper and get our permit.  2 weeks and counting from tomorrow.  I can't wait to see how much we sell. 

Thank you to www.orgjunkie.com for getting me going on cleaning out and organizing so that I would be better prepared for this move.

1 comment:

  1. Omgosh that is a huge undertaking, all the way to Alaska. Funny, my middle daughter is moving from Reno, NV to Charleston, SC and is selling everything or storing at her sister's house in Reno. She is taking what she can carry in her car and that is it. Good luck! I bet your family is heartbroken.

    ReplyDelete