CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sleep or the Lack There Of

I don't think any of us new mom's really ever think that we will lose that much sleep while we are pregnant.  Yes, you hear the stories, you are told you will be uncomfortable, and sleep will become something of the past.  But do we really believe anyone telling us this until it actually happens?  No, I didn't.  Then comes the baby and sleep is something you start day dreaming about.  Who would have ever thought that such a little person could require so much of your undivided attention?  Feeding around the clock, diaper changes constantly, cleaning up spit from you, the baby and any where else it landed.  Then there is laundry, some how my two loads a week went to about 6 a week.  Wow, was that depressing.  I didn't like doing laundry before having a baby and I sure don't like it now that I have more to fold and put away.  I guess I could be like my sister.  I laughed a little when she said that when she washes her kids clothes they don't get folded, just thrown into the clean basket to be gone through when the kids needed clothes on.  However, I think I am too much of a control freak to do that.  I need things to be put away and organized.  Yes, I know that having a little boy is eventually going to destroy that way of thinking, but I can live in my fantasy world of clean and orderly until he becomes mobile and is into everything.

Anyways, back to the lack of sleep which is what I really meant to be talking about.  For the first 4 weeks of my son's life I thought I was a walking zombie.  Sleep was hard to come by since I am breastfeeding exclusively and that means no one else in the house can help with that part of care for the baby.  But I have to say that I am amazed and very thankful that we are almost to 3 months old and Jack is sleeping awesome hours at night.  Today he slept until 10:10am and so did I.  I have to say that he did get up to eat at midnight, 4am for a diaper change and feeding and again at 7am for diaper changing and feeding, but he has never gone back to sleep again for that long in the morning.  So for anyone out there that is day dreaming about sleep like I was... eventually things will get better.  Gotta love a Monday morning where you and your baby get to sleep until 10am.  It must be a sign for a good week.

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment