CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

I Don't Sugarcoat, I Tell It How It Is

Does anyone ever feel like they are just being told what they want to hear, or that people are just being nice?  I've been told more than once that I am not that kind of person and the funny thing is I know it.  I don't sugarcoat anything, I tell it how it is.  I know being blunt can hurt someones feelings but sometimes you just need a friend who is going to tell you what you are doing is dumb or wrong or whatever it is.  We all need these friends and I just seem to be that person. 

The funny thing is I find myself as the friend who is often called to vent and tell me their problems.  Which don't get me wrong I don't mind, but I think because my friends call me and vent they also want someone to tell them if they are being unreasonable about whatever it is they are venting about.  I have one of these friends too.  She and I met in the Army and I always seemed to get us in trouble but she never stopped being my friend.  She would tell me how it was and that I needed to stop being so out spoken and when I didn't listen she would scold me and move on.  I knew I was wrong, but I just have a quick mouth.  I seem to speak before I think which can get a person in trouble.  However, most of the time I am right, but that doesn't always mean it's the best thing for that situation... especially in the military.  

I try to make sure that I am not going to hurt anyones feelings, but I feel that sugarcoating things only makes the situation worse.  Now that I am a new mom I feel that I have to tell it how it is more often with regards to my son.  I like to make sure people wash their hands when they are holding or touching him as he is in the stage of everything goes in his mouth.  I hope this doesn't make me one of those overprotective crazy moms, but I just want what's best for my son.  My number one job in life now is to see that my son is happy and safe and sometimes we have to tell it how it is even when it comes to our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment