CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 24, 2010

Free Running Animals

Do you ever wonder why people have pets?  I wonder this all the time.  I grew up with all kinds of animals in my house.  We had dogs, cats, birds (many kinds), rabbits, hamsters, and more.  I have to say my sisters and I weren't always the best at taking care of them, which left my mom to do all the cleaning, feeding, walking, etc.  But now that I am all grown up and have my own animal, I find it very frustrating to see animals not being taken care of.

We live in a new neighborhood where homes are still being built.  When we moved in there were very few dogs, I could walk my dog without a leash knowing she wouldn't run off... and feel safe we weren't going to be attacked by another dog.  Now, I find it hard to take a walk, with my dog on a leash.  I hate that I feel so unsafe in my neighborhood because others can't keep their dogs in their own yards or on a leash. 

I have called the dog catcher several times because of the free running dogs.  I know my dog would fair just fine if she had to defend herself, but I don't think its fair to put her in that situation.  We have leash laws for a reason and I wish people would respect that law and abide by it.  Another great idea would be for people to train their animals properly and to not attack others.  That would be the best!! 

I will step off my soapbox now, but I know I am not the only one in this world that feels this way.  If you have an animal, take care of it, keep them safe, and never let them run freely to terrorize your neighbors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment